As a Crime Scene Investigator in an ASCLD/LAB accredited forensic laboratory for the City of Corpus Christi Police Department, I am responsible for the independent documentation, collection, preservation, analysis and processing of evidence that is identified and recovered at various crime scenes resulting from crimes against both property and persons.
My scene duties include responding to forensic calls for service that require scene photography, tire/shoe impression photography and/or dental stone casting, scene search, identification and collection of physical and biological evidence, latent fingerprint processing, follow-up investigation at emergency trauma hospitals, attend autopsies at the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office, obtain post-mortem fingerprints and palm prints of deceased individuals, pencil and computer aided drafting (CAD) homicide scene sketches and I/Leads report writing.
My laboratory duties include chemical and/or powder processing of evidence for latent fingerprint development, latent fingerprint photography, trace evidence collection, evidence preservation, packaging and subsequent submission to the police property room or Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Laboratory for DNA analysis and/or CODIS entry while following proper chain of custody guidelines as prescribed by police department policy. In addition to latent fingerprint processing, I am responsible for determining whether latent print friction ridge detail is of suitable value prior to submission to the latent examiner's office.
Additional duties include State's Witness courtroom testimony and presentation of recovered evidence, verification of arrested individuals by comparison of fingerprints against known inked 10-print cards, provision of death notifications of positively identified individuals to Texas Department of Public Safety-Crime Records Service, outside agency scene and lab case work, major case fingerprinting of suspects and public fingerprinting of individuals for background investigation purposes.
The above listed job duties are carried out with limited direct supervision. I communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the general public, direct and indirect supervisors, coworkers, detectives, jurors, witness coordinators and medical examiner personnel. As each scene differs in degree and complexity, it is essential that I adapt to the nature of the call and determine the appropriate and necessary course of action. Staffing issues and major calls such as homicides require that I am flexible in my availability with little or no prior notification of such change. I am tasked with the organization, planning and prioritizing of my own case work. Often times I will initiate and/or coordinate special requests outside of my normal operating hours with the lead detective assigned to my case outside normal operating hours in an effort to expedite and efficiently handle the task at hand.
4461 Tori Lane
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Job Objective Dedicated and hard-working Crime Scene Investigator seeking full-time position with growing company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in conducting investigations at accident scenes and crime scenes
- Profound knowledge of identification and photographic techniques
- Ability to determine latent fingerprints
- Ability to comply to written and verbal instructions
- Ability to manage strenuous situations
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential material
- Ability to handle equipment and tools used in an investigation procedure
Crime Scene Investigator, August 2005 – Present
Delray Beach Police Department, Salt Lake City, UT
- Performed various complex and regular technical criminal investigation activities.
- Took photographs, gathered and conserved evidence and analyzed.
- Developed investigative reports and testified in court of law.
- Developed and printed the film from the accident scenes and crime scenes.
- Prepared and regain the latent fingerprints and tracing evidence.
- Maintained the crime scene equipment and photography lab equipment.
- Compared and sorted out the arrest fingerprint cards, developed reports, testified in court and entered data into computer files.
Crime Scene Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
My Justice Career, Salt Lake City, UT
- Prepared all necessary investigative reports and documentation for court cases.
- Appeared and testified in official proceedings.
- Kept all technical equipment and assigned vehicles ready.
Bachelor’s Degree in Forensic Science, Southwestern College, Chula Vista, CA